Five lessons learned about America while driving from Miami to Greenville (pronounced "greenvul"), NC:
5. Americans would rather wait in a line fifteen cars deep at the McDonald's drive thru rather than go inside the restaurant.
4. The only Canadians that ever visit America are either from Ontario or Quebec (either that or they are the only ones with cars (NOTE: tongue in cheek here, I know all Canadians have cars, and actually I did see one car from Nova Scotia, but this was funnier (plus this was the first I have ever seen a Canadian car NOT from Ontario or Quebec in ALL my years of road trips.))
3. In South Carolina there is a Mexican theme park/restaurant/gift shop/fireworks store called "South of the Border". (I thought to myself do they mean the Mason Dixon Line... Mexico wasn't close to South Carolina last time I checked. The billboards started off innocently enough "Tacos Anyone" but by the end EVERY single billboard on the highway was advertising this place. I have to admit after the tenth billboard I was curious what all the fuss was about, but after the thirtieth I truly had had enough and would not have stopped unless someone paid me.
2. 80 mph on the highway is not fast enough for most Americans.
and # 1.....
1. Someone actually wanted (and paid for!) their license plate to say.... "RATZ PE".... ok now say it out loud... yes that's right. So I called Kristen immediately to tell her this hilarious moment I was witnessing, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get the words out. Actually writing this now I find myself with an extreme urge to laugh out loud again. I, mean come on. Kristen, however, did not see the source of my extreme amusement.... maybe you had to be there : )
5. Americans would rather wait in a line fifteen cars deep at the McDonald's drive thru rather than go inside the restaurant.
4. The only Canadians that ever visit America are either from Ontario or Quebec (either that or they are the only ones with cars (NOTE: tongue in cheek here, I know all Canadians have cars, and actually I did see one car from Nova Scotia, but this was funnier (plus this was the first I have ever seen a Canadian car NOT from Ontario or Quebec in ALL my years of road trips.))
3. In South Carolina there is a Mexican theme park/restaurant/gift shop/fireworks store called "South of the Border". (I thought to myself do they mean the Mason Dixon Line... Mexico wasn't close to South Carolina last time I checked. The billboards started off innocently enough "Tacos Anyone" but by the end EVERY single billboard on the highway was advertising this place. I have to admit after the tenth billboard I was curious what all the fuss was about, but after the thirtieth I truly had had enough and would not have stopped unless someone paid me.
2. 80 mph on the highway is not fast enough for most Americans.
and # 1.....
1. Someone actually wanted (and paid for!) their license plate to say.... "RATZ PE".... ok now say it out loud... yes that's right. So I called Kristen immediately to tell her this hilarious moment I was witnessing, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get the words out. Actually writing this now I find myself with an extreme urge to laugh out loud again. I, mean come on. Kristen, however, did not see the source of my extreme amusement.... maybe you had to be there : )
Comments