The Sunrise Saga







This week one of my goals was to get up early enough to watch the sunrise. On Wednesday I woke up at about 6:30 am, and when in my half awakened state I looked through the cracks in the window shade my still asleep brain decided that the sky was too light and that the sun must have already risen. I went back to sleep. On Thursday I was just lazy, and didn’t feel like setting my alarm clock, so I slept through the sunrise again. So, on Friday I was determined. At exactly 6:29 am I woke up (one minute before the alarm, much to my pleasure, as I hate the sound of alarms) and… it was pouring! The weather forecast all week had been calling for rain on Friday morning, so I wasn’t surprised. In the back of my mind I knew that because of the rain the clouds would be too thick and my dreams of seeing the sun peak above the sea where going to be foiled, but the stubborn part of me made me get up anyway and go out onto the porch into the rain.
            And yes the sun did not rise that morning, okay as someone pointed out, it did rise, but I wasn’t able to see it. On Saturday again I felt lazy and decided just to sleep through the sunrise. That left Sunday as my last chance. Again I woke up at 6:29 am (man kind of reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day) and I was again excited that I woke up before the alarm, this time, no rain. I headed up the stairs hoping that I hadn’t missed the moment. Once out on the porch I noted how light it already seemed even before the sun emerged. But I hadn’t missed it. The sun was not yet showing. I didn’t have to wait long before the sun woke up. I don’t know if I have ever purposefully waited for the sunrise, and so it was an awesome experience to watch it slowly grow bigger and bigger every minute. I see the sun rise up every morning as I go to school, but today I truly saw the sunrise.

Thursday 6:48 am

Sunday 6:34 am

    Sunday 6:36 am

Sunday 6:37 am





Sunday 6:38 am

Sunday 6:40 am

Sunday 6:42 am

Sunday 6:45 am

Comments