Happenings in May

So... let's just add this blog to the list of things that I don't keep up with as I should (also on that list are grading and calling people). For some reason or another I have some motivation to write tonight (probably because the other option is grading!). So let me being to tell you everything that has happened to me lately.
Exciting news... I will be traveling to the UK and Ireland with People to People this summer as a delegation leader for 3 weeks. I just absolutely love traveling and packing actually too (for long trips, i am going to use my travelpack again, not because i have to this time, but because i like the challenge of fitting everything in it, and because moving around heavy luggage for 20 days just gets old) and also it was a rather expensive christmas present that i should try and use whenever possible. I leave on june 17th and will hopefully be visiting Buckingham Palace, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Dublin, Welsh castles, and many other sites. I'll have to see if i can attach the itinerary somehow to the blog. I will try to update from the UK, we'll have to see what internet cafe access and costs are like.
Also katie and I found an apartment for next year. We are signing the lease tomorrow. Because we are both going to be away for most the summer this is a huge relief not to have to worry about it anymore. It is closer to school, a little cheaper, and it is a townhouse, so two stories. We will be moving in mid-July, pictures to follow.
Yesterday I became an official member of the church i attend in Miami. Yesterday checking the member box on the register was great, i haven't been a member of the church i regularly attend since high school. My church is going through a transition, our pastor is retiring, so pray that the transition will go smoothly.
Other than that i have 3 weeks of school left, and can't wait to have that stress lifted off of me. Although I feel that there are a million in one things i need to do yet before the school year is over. It will all somehow come together. My AP students are actually taking their exam on Friday and then we will know if i have succeeded or failed in being an AP US History teacher. (the usual passing rate is 50%, so I am hoping that at least half of my students pass the exam). In geography we talked about tourism to Antarctica today. I don't think i would ever want to go there, but half my students thought it would be fun. Would you want to go to Antarctica on vacation?
let's see... that's really about all. I have seen some good movies lately, Juno and Dan in Real Life (recommendations from kristen) I would suggest watching both. And music, the song "sweet and low" by Augustana has been playing on my ipod a lot lately, because it's fabulous.
Family matters... today is kristen's 21st birthday! And I wish i could be there in GR to celebrate with her. And Nick (aka Fuzzolas) is graduating from high school on June 6th, makes me feel a little old, (plus i am turning 23 a few days after that, something about 23 i don't like, i think it's because its a prime number... weird) I will be going to the M-burg to join the festivities counting on the fact that my 98 ford escort will make it there without dying and my cat doesn't drive me crazy meowing from the back seat. Should be some adventure...
Ok well that was random, but it gives you the highlights (for those of you who do periodically check this even though i don't add new info ever)

Comments

Anonymous said…
lisa, you may never read this comment, but i'd just like to say that this post really made me laugh ...especially the part about you trying to pack all of your stuff for europe in that back pack thing. otherwise, i can't wait until you and me come home!